Here we are already at Easter weekend. Kids are either just finishing up or just about to start their Spring Break. All of us “adults” are either having just another week or doing some family oriented vacation with all the other masses of humanity. Are you all going anywhere? Me, I’ll be doing one of those Staycations with the ol’ fam damily (i.e., sitting home alone cause they ditched me for friends) and likely disconnecting from technology for a few days. So, let’s get to it with this week’s observations.
- If you, as the guy who is running the weekly meeting, spends roughly the first 45 minutes discussing literally the same crap we discussed, and agreed upon, last week (and arguably the week prior), you clearly have no idea how to run a meeting.
- OR you have some psychological shortcomings where you need to hear yourself talk. Yeah George I’m looking at you.
being forced tohaving the opportunity to spend quality time with Mrs. CV shopping and she asks which of two purses she should get, just remember the quickest way to the home sofa is to say, “Gee honey I think they’re both great, why don’t you get both.”
- Related – Mrs. CV works me every time.
- I really wish whomever designed the office bathroom had positioned the door differently. I do not enjoy having anyone standing in the main hallway being able to stare at me while I’m taking a leak.
- This was the week of April Fool’s Day, which always reminds me of how the Irish feel on St. Patrick’s Day. After all, I’m a fool every day, so why do we need a specific holiday?
- If at any point when developing a presentation, you think – hmmm, I’m going to have to reduce the size of my font to make this fit on the slide – it’s not a good presentation.
- Whiskey + dark house + head down reading iPhone while walking down the hall
= finding a closed door with your nose.
- I’m a sucker for the underdog in sports, but I always find humor in the college girl who is balling her eyes out on TV thinking it’s the end of the world after her team loses the big game. Clearly she’s never been in the real world and has no idea what it’s like to be forced to attend a 6 hour meeting with no food or coffee.
I may not be going on a Field Trip away from home, but I will be trying to reduce what I’ve been told is an excessive PTO balance next week, so enjoy your weekend and see you on the interwebs soon.
P.S. I’ve received some questions as to where the term TPS Report comes from. Well for those who’ve been lived under a rock or don’t do movies it’s from Office Space and while I highly recommend the whole flick, if you have a few minutes, check out this clip: Did you get the memo?