Another wild and crazy week, but before jumping into my weekly observations, I’ve gotta give a big shout out to a group of bloggers just nutty enough to ask me to join as a contributor to their most excellent site called – A Nervous Tic Motion.
And a really special thanks to the two ladies who
their loyal readers will blame spearheaded this effort, Tricia Stream and Elle Davis. You can find these two ladies on the Tic site of course, but also on Twitter and their personal blogs:
Give them some love and with luck, they won’t regret this…too much!
Onward! So, what have I learned this week in cubeland and in the great big world this week?
- Ray Kinsella in Field of Dreams realized (eventually) that “If you build it, he will come.” So, in an effort to turn my little sandlot where a couple of “Friends” played into a of a full blown…corn field(?) I built my Facebook Page. Today, I have enough people who have “Liked” it to take the field, but no one to play against. Will another team show? A full league? I guess time will tell.
- This week’s “duh” moment: Having a dog sleep in your lap is infinitely better than stepping in said dog’s crap. Yeah, I’m sure I learned it a long time ago, but well I had a reminder this week.
- Even though I make a fairly decent living by the average Wall Mart shopper standards, I still find great enjoyment in eating a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Of course it, like most things, is even better with red wine.
- Listening to your coworker freak out the morning taxes are due because he has yet to do them is satisfying.
- If you say “WTF” to me or call me your “buddy” be prepared for an F-bomb.
- I’m still not sure why and it still drives me insane that we have to clean our house the night before (or the morning of) the house cleaner comes.
Have a great weekend and keep an eye out for little (or big) doggy land mines!