BOOYAH! It’s Friday! Tap the keg. Pop the cork. Crack open the beer. Toss back a shot of whiskey, tequila, whatever it’s Friday!
First off – Happy Mother’s Day to all you Mom’s. Thank you for having us. Raising us. And, ultimately kicking us out of the house to make it on our own.
- This week (technically 7 days ago) we lost Adam Yauch, aka MCA, of the Beastie Boys. Talk about an influential guy and band. Licensed to Ill came out while I was in high school. I remember driving around with friends that summer blowing out our speakers to Girls, Brass Monkey and of course You’ve Gotta Fight For Your Right To Party. Thanks for the great music and the trip down memory lane.
- Hindsight being 20/20, drinking so much on May 4th that I felt like laying in a dark room all day on Cinco de Mayo wasn’t the best idea.
- How is it that someone can routinely NOT do their job and when their boss is provided ample evidence that the person is useless nothing happens?
- I think our government shouldn’t have any say in who we love and choose to marry. But, I find it just a tad sketchy that Barry O struggled for so long then finally saw the light in an election year. How convenient.
- As my kids have a habit of aging me, I’m pretty sure having them early in my life was one of the best things I’ve done.
- And, if my kids don’t age me enough, my commute definitely will.
- But, one thing that does make me feel younger is the general male population of my industry. I swear there are more old, gray, days away from a hip replacement men in my industry than there are running our country in Washington D.C.
- Just imagine how many people would be up in arms if the Time Magazine cover mom wasn’t reasonably attractive.
Lastly, the blog Good Girls, Inc nominated yours truly for a Liebster award I must say that this is an honor and I thank you. The award may be the blog version of the good old chain letter but what they heck. Someone’s reading my stuff and they like it!
I thank the Good Girls and will follow suit with the spirit of the award shortly.
Have a great weekend and Happy Mother’s Day Mom, Mrs. CV and all the other Mom’s out there.