What a week! There’s been a ton of stuff going at work and around the world on so let’s get right to the weekly wrap up and my random thoughts.
- While in a parking lot a lady, clearly hard on times asked me for some spare change. But, here’s the thing, she was talking on her cell phone. And she didn’t try to hide it. She stopped in mid-conversation to ask me for some money because she was “homeless and having a hard time”.
Here’s the deal lady, not only do you not get any money from me, but I’ll have no qualms telling you off.
- People say doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results is the definition of insanity. Perhaps. However, I do know that asking me the exact same question 3+ times in 5 minutes and expecting a different answer is the definition of Asshole.
- Hey Lance, good last ditch effort in trying to distract everyone with that Manti Te’o fiasco. Beyond. Weird.
- What dirt is to Pigpen in the Peanuts cartoons, cologne is to Cubicle George.
- That whole Jodie Foster Golden Globes speech…WTF? You made Clint Eastwood’s talking to a chair schtick seem normal. P.S. you’re a great actress (or is it actor? can never keep that shit straight) and given how long you’ve been “in the business” I congratulate you for how “normal” you are. Beyond that, couldn’t care less about your personal life.
- I’m neither pro-gun or anit-gun when it comes to our “right to bear arms”, but I do have a couple of thoughts on the matter: 1) Personally, I don’t think we as general citizens have any need to have military grade weapons. Yet, I have no issue with you having a hand gun, rifle or shotgun. 2) NRA leadership, you all are nuts…’nuff said. 3) I do think we should do what we can to make the world a safer place, but if anyone thinks the things our leaders are proposing is going to stop gun violence you’re beyond naive. One thing I know is a nut job will find a way. Unfortunately.
And, that…more than anything makes me sad.
- Hey all you news outlets, magazines, TV reporters, etc. Did anyone think to do some fact-checking on the whole Te’o story?
P.S. Googling stories that other non-fact-checkers wrote doesn’t count.
Watch Newsroom folks…you could learn a thing or two.
- Dear coworkers, if you have the flu please stay away from me and don’t come to work. None of us want to catch your crud.
P.S. If you don’t have the flu, please get it.
- If you’re going to call a meeting and invite me to it, please be mindful of the rules or I’m liable to punch you in the face.
- One of these days I’m going to work this quote into my status update to my boss:
“…I’ve got my country’s 500th anniversary to plan, my wedding to arrange, my wife to murder and Guilder to frame for it; I’m swamped.”
Lastly, if you want to read some really funny tweets, check out Modern Seinfeld.
Have a great weekend.