Another week…another dollar. Well really only about $0.46 after taxes, etc., but obviously I’m doing it for the love, not the money. Yeah….
- This has been a particularly tough week. I should’ve known it would suck when my Niners took a digger in the first half of the Super Bowl, came back to make it a game and then were robbed by bad calls at the end. A foreshadow of a week to come…
- Every once in a while I have a meal that blows my mind. And, one of the best parts isn’t the meal itself, it’s usually the leftovers and the idea of having them the next day (or even later that night). But, there’s not much worse than looking forward to those leftovers only to find out that Kid #1 ate them in the middle of the night.
Lesson – must hide leftovers better.
- I find I do my best cooking when I’ve been drinking.
- Same goes for writing posts for the blog.
- Air travel for work, and even sometimes for pleasure, just isn’t fun. But, losing my cherry on a flight recently at least made that trip interesting.
- Tax season here in the US is getting into full swing. Did you know that the US Tax Code is approximately 74k pages? Look it up…I’ll wait.
OK back? Well there’s only 66 days left until the Tax Man Cometh. That means that you are responsible for reading and understanding over 1121 pages a day in the time left.
To me that says, 1) we clearly need tax reform, and 2) we clearly need less lawyers in DC.
- I might just be able to live solely on my wife’s Chicken Tortilla Soup.
- This week the US Post Office, after a long drawn out study, decided it was best to stop Saturday mail delivery. Who the hell cares? Well obviously no one under 65 years old. My second thought was – crap get rid of more days, it’s not like I get anything other than credit card applications and local realtor post card ads anyway.
- Back to the food topic, I hate Mayo. I mean seriously, it’s the Devil’s condiment.
- They say that people and their pets tend to take on similar traits. Well my dogs are nuts.
I hope you all have a great weekend.