Been a busier than normal couple of weeks here in cubeland. Being that it’s February that means it’s almost Performance Review time. So my coworkers are stepping up their game, while simultaneously stepping on each other, all in an effort to be better than average.
Top that off with the annual ritual known as “the kids haven’t had a week off from school in just over a month so they and need a break”, aka Ski Week, and many of my coworkers are on holiday.
This is a double edged sword. On the super sharp side of the sword, the less coworkers in the office the better. But, there’s another side. The side all nicked up, jagged and slightly rusted. This is the “those of you not smart enough to take the week off will help cover for all those that were smart enough to take the week off” side. There should be some form of tetanus shot for that side.
Anyway, it’s been busy. So, let’s get to my recap and thoughts for the week in this edition of The Weekly (or slightly longer) TPS Report.
- So a couple weeks back Iran launches some poor unsuspecting monkey into orbit. They then use some other monkey to publicize monkey #1′s return to earth in Monkey-gate. Did monkey #1 ever make it back?
Then mysteriously some “meteor” comes crashing down into Russia.
Coincidence? I don’t think so.
Poor monkey #1.
- They say people’s dogs take on personality traits of their owners.
My dogs are nuts.
- I’ve been pretty clear in my hatred for Costco for some time now. And, it would appear that they’ve listened and are trying to woo me back.
- With all the talk about banning guns, I think it’s only a matter of time before the whacko’s of the country try to ban Cupid. After all, he has an assault arrow and is naked.
- Recently I was recognized by a peer and subsequently did my part to recognize other peers. Check it out. Check them out. They’re good…much better than me in fact.
- If the Iranians and North Koreans are all hell-bent on getting nukes and it would seem that at least the NK’s are practicing with them, I would kindly suggest they practice on each other.
- My superhero power is eating a messy lunch and not getting it on my dress shirt. However, this clearly doesn’t apply when I’m all dressed up, go to take a drink of coffee and subsequently bang the cup against my front tooth dumping the java on my jacket.
- If your “Express” line is slower than all your other lines I’d say your process is messed up.
- If you go into an office 30+ feet away, shut the door and I can still hear you so clearly it’s as if you are sitting next to me, you are too f’in loud.
Have a good weekend all.