It’s official. As of Wednesday, Spring has sprung! At least it has here in California it’s absolutely gorgeous outside. If it doesn’t seem like that for the rest of you, don’t worry, it’ll come…eventually.
Unfortunately, I didn’t get much of an opportunity to enjoy the outdoors this week. Work’s been way too busy so about all I got to see of the great outdoors was through the window of my car to and from the office. Oh well, there’s always this weekend.
- Sunday was that great party, green beer day known as St. Patrick’s Day. However, since leaving college I have to say, whatever. It’s just another day. Great Oingo Boingo song BTW.
- How people behave never ceases to amaze me. I know we’re all busy folks. We’ve got responsibilities and pressure. Sometimes things just can’t wait and you need to take care of business at times you’d rather be doing something else. Multi-tasking is the norm. But, no matter how busy, there some things that shouldn’t be done together. For example, talking on your cell and using the shitter.
Know that if I’m in the bathroom when you do this, I will flush every damn toilet to make it blatantly clear to the person on the other end of your conversation what you’re doing.
- I’d enjoy a job that had to do with working out and food, but this isn’t what I had in mind.
- Speaking of food, there’s not much worse than having breakfast and dinner meetings in the same day. But, topping it off with having only 15 minutes for lunch and I’m pretty sure I’ve reached a new low.
- I know that that you can’t ask certain questions when interviewing people in the hiring process, but asking whether the person showers and uses deodorant daily should be perfectly acceptable.
In this week’s stories ripped from the headlines:
- I saw this week that some college kid in Florida was stockpiling weapons and planning on doing some serious human damage to his classmates, but thankfully took his own life first.
Dear other whack jobs, please take this guy’s lead. Thanks, from the rest of us.
- It’s been 3 years since the Obamacare law was signed and it’s set to take effect this year. Which is very much related to my President’s new found interest in his employee’s health. I won’t say my President doesn’t care about my wellbeing but, if the employees are healthier the company’s costs will go down…just sayin.
In a related move, CVS has taken it a step further. What’s your thoughts on this?
- It would seem that Kim Jong Un has a serious case of wanting to show the world he’s his own man and step away from daddy’s shoes. While I doubt we can blame Dennis Rodman’s recent visit on KJ’s new found set of balls, but Rodman was always known as a bit of a jackass rebel too. Makes you wonder huh?
- With March Madness underway, bosses are attempting to hang onto productivity by blocking the games from the network. Don’t fret hoops fans, there’s an app for that too!
While you are enjoying the weekend, give this album a whirl: In Session, by Albert King with Stevie Ray Vaughn. If you like The Blues, than this will blow you away. And, if you don’t, it will convert you.